Photography by BKS Bryan Silverman
As we enter the final stretch of 2016, you may be sensing an energetic shift. December is an important month because it sets the stage for the next year. Use this time to reflect on your goals and focus forward with clarity.
Do you feel weighed down by specific people or situations? Use this time to consciously create a stronger foundation for your life, which means walking away from things that drag you down.
This is an ideal time of year to release old thought patterns, fears, relationships, situations and things that no longer serve you. It shifts you into the closing down of the previous year and prepares you for the one ahead.
Rather than spending time focusing on what isn’t working, pull all of your energy into what is going well and focus on what you want. Use deliberate action toward those goals and you’ll see changes happen quickly.
In the spirit of preparing for the New Near and releasing what no longer serves you, here are 10 things to let go of before 2015.
- Let go of thinking you aren’t where you’re supposed to be.
Everything you’ve done has helped you become who you’re meant to be.
- Release all thought patterns holding you back.
It’s time to start telling yourself a more positive story.
- Release the idea that your challenges are long-term.
All setbacks are only temporary, but the lessons learned are forever.
- Let go of the need to have it all figured out.
What doesn’t make sense yet will someday.
- Let go of the idea that things aren’t working out for you.
Everything is really much better than you can imagine.
- Stop asking “WHY” this is happening to you.
Instead ask what you can learn from the situation.
- Release the need to control the outcome.
You may not get what you want when you want, but trust you will always get what you need when you need it.
- Stop believing you are your mistakes.
There are no mistakes, only growth.
- Release the need to be right.
Proving others wrong does not make you right. Instead, focus inward and align with love. When you are confident in your own choices, you don’t have to prove anything.
- Let go of thinking it’s too late for you.
Your dreams matter and they come to you for a reason. Follow your heart, and you will be free.